Monday, July 1, 2013

NotD: Here comes the summer!

I got quite a few different nail varnishes for my birthday yesterday, two of which were the ones I used to create these nails. I really like this particular shade of yellow; it’s so sunny and happy!




This was honestly so easy to do, and no professional tools needed.
I couldn't be bothered with top/base coats, but I would recommend them, mine has just run out.

First apply two coats of the yellow, letting them dry thoroughly in between.

The only other step is creating this teeny blue flower. You could do any type of flower you want, but I chose as close to thin lines as I could get.
You can add other embellishments, for example, I chose a few dots, descending in size towards the base of the nail. All you need to do this is a toothpick, although you could use a small dotting tool.

One tip to stop smudging is to try and do your right hand first (if you’re right handed, if not then your left) because then you’ll be able to match it with the second, easier hand. If you aren't happy with the results on your first try, just wipe off with some remover, and start again.
Look out for a review of this BarryM yellow nail varnish in ‘Lemon Ice cream’ in the next few days!

Would you wear this? How would you improve it? What other shades do you think it would work in?

No comments:

Post a Comment