Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunnyside bubble bar Review

Good day fair peoples!

This is a review of a Lush product I got for my birthday last month. I just used it, so I thought I’d let you in on what I thought of it ^.^ (note this, nor any other review of things I’ve been given, will be influenced by the fact I didn’t buy it myself)


So. To the facts. The product is Sunnyside, which is a bubble bar that retails for £3.95.

Because of its sparkly nature, I chose to use this product for a footbath instead to a proper, full-sized one. In retrospect, I should have split it in half, and used it over two occasions but it worked fine this way round as well, however it would have dissolved better if the quantity had been smaller.

The product contains sweet wild orange, lemon and tangerine oils as well as a tone of glitter. It smells delicate and decidedly clean, but in a very natural, slightly floral way, in my opinion. As soon as I dipped my foot in (which, I have to add, was all dry and gross from a weekend of festivaling) I could tell this bubble bar was a good'un. My toes instantly felt cleaner and less dried out. With a bit of a soak and a light pumice my feet were good as new and squeaky clean.

Now, to the bad points. The only two I can think of is how full of glitter it is (which wasn’t a hindrance in the footbath, but I think would be in a proper bath) partly because of this, it was a bit tricky to open, without getting glitter everywhere. As you can see, I didn’t manage to just take it out of the bag and into the tub. It wasn’t too much of a problem, but because all of Lush’s products come in paper bags, it was slightly difficult to manoeuvre.

Personally, I think this was an incredibly functional product, and did really make the water very pretty. It smelt quietly lovely as well. However, it is designed to go in a bath. And I personally wouldn’t really like to use it in a proper tub. So in short, I love it except for the glitter, which is what is meant to set it apart from the other bubble bars. Hmm.

I reckon it deserves a 2.5 out of 5. It’s a very decent product, but not perfect.


I hope you enjoyed this review!
Have you tried this product and if so, what did you think? Have you ever tried any of the other bubble bars? If not, do you think you would?

Love,

  Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment