Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BarryM lemon ice-cream nail review

Hello dears (bit contrived? I feel like you guys need some sort of name, so I can address you properly!) here’s a review of the BarryM nail varnish in 307 Lemon Ice-cream, which was the main varnish used in my last post’s NotD.


Now I didn’t actually wear this for that long, but in the couple of days I did wear it, I got an idea of its quality and such.
In the picture, I am wearing 2-3 coats, depending on the nail. After one coat, it’s translucent, after two, it’s still a bit patchy, but was acceptable on the smaller nails. So this varnish really needs about three to get a properly consistent coat. That being said, it is a pale colour, so that’s sort of to be expected.
I didn’t wear a base or top coat with this varnish, so I was pleasantly surprised when it didn’t stain my nails at all when I removed it. It did look like there were some bubbles under the surface, but as long as they don’t show too much, I don’t see that as too much of a problem, really.
I received this as a birthday present, but it retails for £2.99 which for me, and my limited funds, is just about perfect, and dirt cheap for people with jobs.
So, to round off, it needs a few coats, but it is a very delicate colour, and for  three quid it really is pretty nifty in my opinion – 4/5

Have you guys got this varnish? If so, what do you think? If not, do you want it?

See ya later!
Love,

  Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment